- → Limited and special editions avalaible
- Photographies et textes : Maude Grübel
- 80 pages, 14 x 20,5 cm
- 35 color and black & white photographs
- 6 black & white drawings
- Trilingual, French + 16-pages English and German translation leaflet
- ISBN : 978-2-492696-01-5
- Avalaible at the end of summer 2021
- With support from Région Sud, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
- 1 standard signed book to come get in Marseille 1st half of September: €22
add to basket
- 1 standard signed book sent at your home: €22 + postal fee
add to basket
- 5 signed books sent: €100 add to basket
- → For an international postage, please contact us
“Le Seuil focuses on the human encounter with their environment from a state of isolation caused by failing health. It seizes on the relationship between forgetting/remembering – body/identity and portrays the experience of a perception altered by oneself and by the world.
How can I express The Uncanny an illness causes – one’s own and the world’s strangeness? How do the experiences influence the point of view, the gaze?
After an epileptic seizure and ensuing coma in 2015 I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Confronted with this altered body I felt alienated from, this illness challenged how I related to the world and to others. The images in Le Seuil originate from the period 2015 to 2018, after surgery, during the hospital stay and over the course of further treatment.
Unusual places, objects, masks and faces create interconnections between the tissues of the body and those of the organic landscapes of the outside world. At this threshold the membranes of the body and of the world blur into each other and create a skewed, ever moving vision.
This work combines photography, drawings and appropriated medical images. I also kept a journal which combined these elements with written fragments.”